Highlights of Press Release:
- Triumph announces that diamond drilling along the relatively underexplored eastern margin of the Revenue diatreme has been rewarded with multiple intersections of copper, gold, silver +/- molybdenum mineralization. Recent geological reviews of mineralization in the Revenue area, aided by development of a 3D geological model of the 1,300 X 400 metre elliptical Revenue diatreme, targeted the eastern portion of the diatreme as most prospective for gold and copper mineralization. The 2017 exploration program at Revenue was designed to test the eastern area with five drill holes totaling 2,032 metres.
- Geological highlights of the drill program include:
- Identification of an oxidized breccia/deep-weathering zone with significant gold from the bedrock surface to 68m depth (RVD17-10; 68m @ 0.64 g/t Au). This intersection is in an area that has not been explored for near surface mineralization, in part due to absence of a gold in soil anomaly, which is now attributed to thick overburden. Samples from this interval are being sent for metallurgical testing to determine if gold can be extracted via cyanide leach.
- In RVD17-12, a broad intersection (approximately 180 metres long) of porphyry style stockwork veining with potassic and phyllic alteration, adjacent to, and beneath the surface expression of, the Revenue diatreme.
- The intersection of a high-grade breccia zone in RVD17-12 (58.65m @1.48 g/t Au eq.), which is interpreted to be a continuation of hydrothermal breccias encountered in RVD11-22 and RVD11-28, defining at least 120 meters strike-length of high grade mineralization that is open at depth and contained within a broad lower grade envelope.
- At least three types of superimposed mineralization, including:
- Early porphyry style mineralization;
- Late hydrothermal breccias and replacement style mineralization; and
- Near surface enrichment of gold.
- Paul Reynolds, Triumph Gold’s President and CEO, states: “We are very encouraged by these results. Each of the styles of mineralization encountered at Revenue could be a stand-alone target, but along the eastern margin of the Revenue diatreme, where we have discovered that they are superimposed, there is an exceptional opportunity to explore for a high-grade, near-surface Au-Cu resource.”
For full press release, go to: http://www.triumphgoldcorp.com/news/news-releases/