Thunder Bay, Ontario, 26 May 2021: White Metal Resources Corp. (TSXV: WHM) (FRA: CGK1) (OTCMKTS: TNMLF) (“White Metal” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide an update from its Australian joint venture partner Noronex Limited (ASX: NRX) (“Noronex”) on their current exploration program at the DorWit Copper-Silver Project (the “Property” or “Project”) in Namibia. The Namibian Project comprises three Exclusive Prospecting Licences (EPLs) that cover 78,000 hectares, referred to as the Witvlei (EPL 7028 and EPL 7029) and Dordabis (EPL 7030) properties. The Project is prospective for sedimentary hosted Cu-Ag mineralisation within the prolific Kalahari Copper Belt that spans Namibia and Botswana.
Highlights from the Noronex exploration program (see Noronex ASX news release 12 May 2021) include:
- Final data received from the airborne electromagnetic (EM) survey.
- High priority targets now identified for a large scale sediment hosted copper deposit that have never been drill tested, including:
- a 2.5 by 1.2 km copper in soil anomaly in an altered structural zone south of Okasewa.
- a 1.0 x 0.7 km copper in soil anomaly west of historical drill intercepts at Gemboksvlei.
- a new area at Otjiwaru with a 1.5 km strike soil anomaly.
- new zones at Dalheim, Okasundu and Christiadore prospect regions.
- Trial IP survey is planned at the known deposit of Okasewa to define its signature, determine the nature of the EM anomalies and to cover large untested copper soil anomalies.
- Historical multi-element geochemical surveys, including over seven thousand soil samples completed in 2009, have been compiled and interpreted. This sampling post-dated all previous drilling and geochemical anomalies were never followed up.
- A GIS database has now been prepared incorporating results of all historic work and recent geophysical surveys with satellite interpretation and structural mapping.
- A program of over fifty holes is being planned in July/August to test these targets.
- First JORC Code (JORC 2012) Mineral Resource Estimates on the Company’s four deposits in the Namibian DorWit Project; Malachite Pan, Okasewa, Christiadore and Koperberg (see Noronex ASX news release dated 8 March 2021).
Click link for complete news release: White Metal Resources Partner Noronex Outlines Wide-Spread Copper Targets, DorWit Copper-Silver Project, Namibia